No products in the cart.
American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), Life Fellow.
- AAAS, elected ENC of Section M, Engineering, 2006-2009, 2010-2012.
- Chair, Session M Engineering, Electorate Nominating Committee, 2006-2007.
- Chair-Elect, 2004-2005; Chair, 2005-2006, Retiring Chair, 2006-2007, AAAS Engineering.
- AAAS Fellow Nominations Committee Member, 2008-2010.
- Chair, Session M Engineering, Electorate Nominating Committee, 2003-2004.
- Elected Electorate Nominating Committee on Engineering, Member, 2001-2004.
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Life Fellow, Honorary Member.
- Chair, Kate Gleason Award Committee, ASME CoH, 2017-2019.
- Chair, Nancy Deloye Fitzroy and Roland V. Fitzroy Medal Committee, ASME CoH, 2019-2022.
- ASME Honorary Member, 2016.
- ASME Committee on Honors, 2009-2012, 2012-2015; Chair, 2014-2015.
- ASME representative to AAAS, 2008-2010.
- Technical Program Chair, Heat Transfer Conference, San Francisco, CA, July 17-22, 2005.
- Associate Editor, J. Heat Transfer, 2001-2004.
- Chair, ASME Heat Transfer Division (HTD) K-16 Committee on Heat Transfer in Electronic Equipment, 2000-2003.
- Chair, ASME HTD K-3 Honors and Awards Committee, 2000-2001.
- Member, Executive Committee, ASME Electronic & Photonic Packaging Division (EEPD), 2001-2004.
- Vice-Chair, ASME K-16 HTD Committee on Heat Transfer in Electronic Equipment, 1997-2000.
- Member, ASME K-3 HTD Honors and Awards Committee, 1998-2001.
- Chair, ASME HTD Committee on Membership Development and Honors Nominations, 1996-1998.
- Member, ASME K-8 Committee on Theory and Fundamental Research, 1994-2000, ASME K-16 Committee on Heat Transfer in Electronic Equipment, 1991-present, ASME HTD K-22 Committee on Visualization, 1999-2002, ASME K-20 Committee Computational Heat Transfer, 1994-1999.
- Member, ASME Board on Minorities and Women, 1997-2005.
American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), Fellow.
- ASEE-EDC Executive Board Director, 2007-2009; Diversity Committee Member, 2009-present, Nominating Committee, 2012-present.
- Committee on Multidisciplinary Engineering Member, 2003-present.
- Ralph Coats Roe Award Selection Committee Member, 2002-2005.
- Women In Engineering Division WIED Member, 2002-present.
- CMU Campus Representative, CMU, 1993 to 1997.
Institute of Corporate Directors, Director (ICD.D).
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Fellow.
- IEEE ITherm, Executive Committee, 2006-2020.
- IEEE ECTC/ITherm 2019, Panel Chair, Unleashing the Power of Diversity in our Workforce, May 2019.
- ITherm Panel Moderator: Enhancing Participation of Women and Underrepresented Minorities in Engineering, May 2017.
- Associate Editor, IEEE Trans. Components, Packaging Technology, 1995-present.
- Member, IEEE CPMT Society, TC-9 Committee on Thermal Management & ThermoMechanical Design, 1996-2008.
- General Chair, ITherm 2002, IEEE/ASME Eighth Intersociety Conference on Thermal and Thermomechanical Phenomena and Emerging Technologies in Electronic Systems, San Diego, CA, May 29-June 1, 2002.
National Academy of Engineering (NAE), Member.
- NAE Mechanical Engineering Section 10, Nominating Committee, Vice-Chair 2018-2019, Chair 2019-2020.
- NAE Membership Policy Committee, 2019-2022.
- Committee on Women in Science, Engineering, and Medicine (CWSEM), The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, Medicine, Member, 2017-present.
- EngineerGirl Committee Member, 2017-present.
- Brazil-US Frontiers of Science and Engineering, Co-Chair, Rio de Janeiro, March 16-19, 2014.
- NAE Awards Selection Committee, 2013-2015.
- NAE Committee on Membership, 2011.
- NAE Mechanical Engineering Peer Committee, 2008-2011; Vice-Chair, 2009-2010; Chair, 2010-2011.
- NRC Panel Reviewer, 2006, 2007, 2009.
Pi Tau Sigma, Life Member ’01, Honorary Member.
- Faculty Advisor, CMU Chapter, 1994-1996.
Professional Engineer License, 100139829.
Royal Society of Canada (RSC), Fellow.
- RSC Committee on Fellow Election, 2011-2012, 2019-present.
Senior Women Academic Administrators of Canada, SWAAC, Member.
Sigma Xi, Life Member.
- Judge, 5th to 12th Annual Research Symposium for Undergraduates and Meeting of the Minds, Sigma Xi CMU Chapter, 1995-2002.
- Electorate Nominating Committee, 1994- 1995.
Society of Automotive Engineering (SAE), Member.
- Judge, Eighth to Tenth Annual SAE Robotic Walking Machine Decathlon.
Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE), Life Member.
Society of Women Engineers (SWE), Life Member.
- SWE Achievement Award Judging Panel, 2012-2014.
- President, Pittsburgh Chapter, 2004-2005; Past President, 2005-2006.
- Adviser CMU Team, 1999 Boeing Team Tech National Student Competition.
- Engineering Your Future, SWE two-week summer workshop for middle and high school female students, Workshop Instructor and Co-founder, every July since 1993, 1993-2006.